Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dark Dark Dark - The Snow Magic (2008)




Hello everyone who still is crazy enough to check this page out, I'm back. For now. I've been busy finishing things up with my band's new EP but that's not what this post is about. This post is about my recent obsession with the imminent approach of autumn, my most favorite season. This album is one of a few that encapsulates everything I was feeling and in some ways, everything I've ever felt on those blustery, grey, autumn days. This album is the soundtrack to a life filled with corduroy jackets, cigarettes and loneliness. Its haunting, yet sweet melodies are punctuated by plucking, tinny banjo riffs and rich drawls of an accordion played by a woman half the weight of the instrument itself. It is a bit difficult to describe the precise style of music because it's so strange and draws from so many influences but it mostly trudges through gloomy folk song structures featuring soulful, somber creole/cajun instrumentation. Doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense, does it? Your best bet is to wait for a colder evening, dig out your fall coat and let this music take over.

The Snow Magic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks dude,
That's AWESOME...

jajaah said...

Thanks! Was looking for this one :o)