Monday, June 2, 2008

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland (1968)

I'm hoping everyone already has this album but I'm putting it up here just in case. This is definitely Jimi's greatest release and probably one of the best records of all time due to the vast difference of styles portrayed and the amount of skill each of the musicians posses. The only song I find sub-par is the track "Little Miss Strange" which features the bassist, Noel Redding, singing. Now, don't get me wrong, he's an awesome bassist but I think he should stick with it because this song sounds like the Beatles on ritalin featuring Jimi Hendrix. If you like this song then good for you but I always skip it. Anyyywayy, If you don't already have this, get it right now for the love of Jimi Hendrix.

1.And the Gods Made Love


2.Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)


3.Crosstown Traffic


4.Voodoo Chile


5.Little Miss Strange


6.Long Hot Summer Night


7.Come on (Let the Good Times Roll)


8.Gypsy Eyes


9.Burning of the Midnight Lamp


10.Rainy Day, Dream Away


11.1983...(A Merman I Should Turn to Be)


12.Moon, Turn the Tides...Gently Gently Away


13.Still Raining, Still Dreaming


14.House Burning Down


15.All Along the Watchtower


16.Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Electric Ladyland

1 comment:

blindfold said...

This one's down :(