Thursday, November 20, 2008

This Town Needs Guns - Animals (2008)

Brace yourself for yet another post in my Autumn Come-Back Post-a-Thon. This time I'm going with the chilled out stylings of UK's very own, This Town Needs Guns. I just recently found them somewhere while looking for something else but it was a very 'happy accident', as the late Bob Ross would say. Anyway, I really enjoy their upbeat, staccatto and mathy take on Tim Kinsella's brand of guitar tapping emo. It's kind of a mash-up between Maps & Atlases and Algernon Cadwallader but with some very interesting vocals. This guys voice almost turned me off at first because...I don't know...it's just so pristine and untainted that it bothered me. I soon got over that ridiculous gripe and just listened to the beautiful melodies while driving through some delightful foliage-rich scenery somewhere. Enjoy.

1. "Chinchilla" – 4:19
2. "Baboon" – 3:24
3. "Lemur" – 3:07
4. "Badger" – 4:51
5. "Quetzal" – 0:33
6. "Panda" – 3:23
7. "Elk" – 3:44
8. "Pig" – 3:44
9. "Gibbon" – 4:25
10. "Dog" – 2:50
11. "Crocodile" – 2:29
12. "Rabbit" – 4:41
13. "Zebra" – 1:50

Animals

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you recommend any bands that play music just like this? I really love this band. like...crazy lots.

Peace and Love
[Matthew]

InstanthumanJustaddcoffee said...

hmm i cant really think of much else that includes the music style plus the vocal style but if you like all the tapping, mathy guitar youd probably love Maps and Atlases or stuff like American Football, Algernon Cadwallader, Capn Jazz or maybe some instrumental stuff like Piglet.
hope that helped you out