Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bohren and der Club of Gore - Black Earth (2002)

Ok, I know what you're thinking. If I just saw this on a blog, I probably wouldnt snatch it up but seriously...disregard the skulls and creepy german band name and get this album. My buddy Annis told me of them and had me hooked at the use of the term 'Doom Jazz', which is exactly what this is. Droning, haunting and mesmerizing are the best words to describe this music and all the while there are chilling Rhodes and saxophone solos, like culling songs. In all its morbidity and darkness, there is an element of beauty that I'm hopeful you will all appreciate. Definitely get this if you're looking for something new or if you're just plain dreary.

1. Midnight Black Earth
2. Crimson Ways
3. Maximum Black
4. Vigilante Crusade
5. Destroying Angels
6. Grave Wisdom
7. Constant Fear
8. Skeletal Remains
9. The Art Of Coffins

Black Earth

No comments: