- "Een ode aan Ed van Der Elsken" – 3:22
- "Regenbogen stelen van prostituees" – 10:06
- "Jacob Van Lennepkade" – 17:27
- "Vondelpark bij nacht" – 7:11
- "Spookrijden op het fietspad" – 5:03
Monday, July 14, 2008
Omar Rodriguez Lopez - Omar Rodriguez (2005)
This album, besides being apparently quite elusive, is a great representation of creativity and freedom through music. The guitarist from The Mars Volta takes numerous influences into account while recording this album (his 2nd "solo") in Amsterdam. It takes a very free and loose approach at rock and jazz fusion with very lengthy improvisations and driving background beats and arrangements. This is a great album to just get lost in and really pick apart all the different instruments and hear how they all meld their styles together and lend their unique skills during any solos.